Foraging "Treasure" Map and Guerrilla Gardening For Emergencies

Farmfresh

Re: Foraging "Treasure" Map and Guerrilla Gardening For Emergencies

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:53 am

That is one thing about D1. She reminds me of you dizzy. She was always very interested in wild edibles and nature and especially the woods. She is one person that I could probably drop in the middle of a forest and expect to come back and find her fat and sassy.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

House Sparrow

Unread post by House Sparrow » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:39 pm

It would be fun to go with someone, who is enthusiastic about it like I am. I just need to be motivated to take the time and do it. I mean, who knew that you can eat the seeds from California bay laurel. They are roasted and have a slight chocolate taste. I just love learning about local food that grows wild. We had a very settled native people here. They were pretty peaceful and apparently had a good life. There was much food to gather back in the day before the Europeans invaded this place.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:45 pm

I sometimes wonder how much I would know if I had the internet when I was a kid. I was never encouraged to follow my dreams. So, while I spent a lot of times in the woods when I was a kid, I didn't know a whole lot. Other than grapes, elderberries, blackberries and blueberries, I knew nothing about wild edibles.

Return to “Foraging”