Carnitas with Smoked Pulled Pork - Oh MY!

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Farmfresh

Carnitas with Smoked Pulled Pork - Oh MY!

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Another one that made me DROOL! Loved the little barrel cooker too!

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Re: Carnitas with Smoked Pulled Pork - Oh MY!

Unread post by patriceinil »

Yum!

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy »

I read this as carnations with pulled pork!

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

|em12|

Farmfresh

Carnations ARE edible dizzy, |em29| but pulled pork would be so much tastier in a carnitas!

|em26|
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Farmfresh

Since this is a by invitation only forum I am curious as to how you found us? You are welcome - as long as you play by the rules. I would check out the board directory for that list. We are a closed forum for security reasons. You are on a trial basis for now.

Now for your question...

If you are just using a typical Crock Pot type of slow cooker it is easy to do.

Start by unpacking and rinsing the meat well in cool water. Pop it into the crock pot along with about 2 - 3 cups of water. Add garlic, onions, salt and pepper and put it on Low. Just let it slowly cook until the meat starts falling apart. Give this 4-6 hours. I often do this the day BEFORE I need the shredded pork and let it rest in the fridge overnight before shredding it. Or start it in the morning when you want it for dinner.

At this point, you can remove the meat from the cooker and drain off the broth - SAVE that for other uses. Now you can shred up your pork shoulder with your hands or a fork until it is right for what you want. Put it back into the crockpot and cover with BBQ sauce. Cook on low until the sauce is heated through.