Verse for the Day

dizzy

Verse for the Day

Unread post by dizzy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:44 am

With all the craziness going on, figured it might be nice to post Bible verses that mean something to you at this time. The one I want to share for today is 2 Corinthians 4:8. I'm not sure which version of the Bible this is from, it was in a book I'm reading.

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed but not in despair.

God is still in control.

Farmfresh

Re: Verse for the Day

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:14 pm

Thank you Dizzy. Tonight I needed that.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

bittersweetbranch

Unread post by bittersweetbranch » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:16 pm

I think we missed yesterday...so I'm helping out today........."But the Lord is with me, like a mighty champion" Jeremiah 20:11

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:34 pm

I love it!
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:28 am

I'd like for others to post verses as well. I don't always have time and I'm sure other people come across verses that are good.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:03 pm

Here is my contribution for today...

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

You always see those shepherd crooks. One end is hooked to catch up a sheep or a lamb. It can be used to pull a stuck lamb or one stuck in mud or snow to safety. But we always need to remember that the shepherd also used the "sharp end of the stick". That end was used to battle predators that wanted to harm his sheep. David that wrote the Psalm was a shepherd.

1 Samuel 17:34-37

But David said to Saul, “Your servant has been keeping his father’s sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, 35I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it. 36Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God. 37The Lord who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.”

David knew how to use the sharp end of his stick to protect his flock. Jesus protects HIS flock in a similar fashion. He is a God of love, but don't be on the wrong end of that stick. He WILL protect his children fiercely.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:43 pm

We need a like button. Reminds me of what God told Moses and the Children of Israel again and again, that He would fight for them. If God be for us, who can be against us?

Return to “Books and the Written Word”