Lazy Crockpot Overnight Gingerbread Cookie Oatmeal

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

Lazy Crockpot Overnight Gingerbread Cookie Oatmeal

Unread post by patriceinil »

https://thelazyslowcooker.com/lazy-ging ... 2U5E_5VofE

Gingerbread cookie dough oatmeal is a delicious way to start your day. Healthy steel cut oats infused with the wonderful flavors of fresh gingerbread cookies. A breakfast worth getting out of bed for!
Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
10 hrs
Total Time
10 hrs 10 mins
Course: Breakfast, Brunch, SnackCuisine: AmericanKeyword: Gingerbread cookie dough oatmeal, gingerbread overnight oatmeal, ovenight oatmeal Servings: 4 Calories: 167kcal Author: The Lazy slow cooker
Equipment
3.5 quart slow cooker or larger
measuring spoons and cups
slow cooker liner (optional)

Ingredients
1 cup steel cut oats I would not substitute for any other kind of oats as the long sitting time will make them mushy.
2 tablespoon molasses
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
pinch salt
4 cups plant based milk or water I prefer almond-cashew milk

Instructions
place slow cooker liner into slow cooker, if using. Otherwise, spray slow cooker with a non-stick spray,
add oats, molasses, brown sugar and all spices to slow cooker and stir to combine
Add liquid and stir well to mix. Some of the spices will float on top and not seem to mix well. This is typical, just try to break up any bigger clumps of cinnamon that may be floating around.
cover and set to WARM for overnight cooking. This can go anywhere from 8-12 hours.
Prior to serving, stir to mix cooked ingredients. (see above for serving suggestions!)
Enjoy!!

Farmfresh

Re: Lazy Crockpot Overnight Gingerbread Cookie Oatmeal

Unread post by Farmfresh »

I have heard of this recipe in the past. I have some steel cut oats in the pantry. I will have to give this a try soon.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

I don’t have the steel cut oat but regular old fashioned oats that I want to try this recipe with, I’ll just cook it less time.

I ordered a 1.5 quart crockpot to use for overnight oatmeal for myself. A lot of the time I go to bed between 11 p.m. and midnight and get up around 5 a.m. so the shorter cook time shouldn’t be an issue.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

I already have one. I was thinking the same thing.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!