Easy Teriyaki sauce

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Old Fashioned

Easy Teriyaki sauce

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

Just mix soy sauce and pineapple juice to suit your tastes & preference

Farmfresh

Re: Easy Teriyaki sauce

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Wow... now that is an easy recipe.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

Farm......I used to make what I called a Hawaiian steak. Take a cheap cut of meat/steak and let it sit in pineapple juice overnight, then cook it and serve with rice and whatnot. One time I added soy sauce and realized it tasted just like teriyaki sauce. It's just not thick, so if you like it thick add some cornstarch

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

THAT sounds amazing!

I used to do a recipe called Chicken Oriental (such an original name... LOL) You basically bread the chicken (flour, salt, garlic and pepper) Then put each piece of chicken into a foil pouch with 2 T crushed pineapple, a little pat of butter, some diced onion and soy sauce. You seal the pouches and bake the chicken low and slow. The breading on the chicken basically turns the fruit and sauce into a sort of gravy and the chicken just falls apart. It is amazing. You just make some white rice and open the pouch and dump the contents on the rice. YUM.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

These all sound delicious! |em24| I’m definitely going to have to try them.