Gluten Free Biscotti

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

Gluten Free Biscotti

Unread post by patriceinil »

GLUTEN-FREE BISCOTTI
COURSE: DESSERT CUISINE: ITALIAN KEYWORD: BISCOTTI PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES COOK TIME: 55 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES SERVINGS: 60 CALORIES: 106 KCAL AUTHOR: ALINA EISENHAUER
The only biscotti recipe you will ever need. This recipe has endless varitations and just the right amount of crunch without being too hard.
Print
INGREDIENTS
150 grams butter
300 grams sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
4 large eggs
530 grams 1:1 gluten-free flour blend
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1½ cups almonds (or nuts of choice)
1½ cups dark or semi sweet chocolate chunks (or chips of choice)
1½ cups dried cranberries or cherries (or dried fruit of choice)
INSTRUCTIONS
METHOD
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line three baking sheets with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
Cream butter and sugar together until light.
Add the vanilla and the almond extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Scrape the bowl down well.
Add the flour and baking powder, and mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
Add the fruit, nuts, chocolate, etc., and mix until just combined.
biscotti dough
Set the batter aside to rest for 30 minutes.
Shape into three logs, approximately 3-inches wide x 1-inch tall.

Bake for 20 minutes, rotate the pans, then bake for about 20- 25 minutes more, until lightly browned and firm to the touch across the top.

Remove from the oven, and cool completely before slicing.
Slice each log into ½- inch wide slices, and arrange cut-side down on cookie sheets. (*If you've never had soft biscotti, steal a few pieces before they go back in the oven for the second time. It's delicious, and kids generally love it at this stage, because it's easier to eat.)
Bake a second time for approximately more 15 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden brown.
RECIPE NOTES
*You can use any type of nuts, dried fruit and chocolate that you like. Some of my favorite combinations are pistachio with orange zest and dark chocolate, chocolate with dried cherries and pecans, almonds with anise extract in place of the almond extract and a few tablespoons of toasted anise seeds. Have fun and play around with different flavor combinations!
Biscotti will keep for up to a month at room temperature if sealed in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts
Gluten-Free Biscotti
Amount Per Serving (1 g)
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Fat 4g6%
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Cholesterol 16mg5%
Sodium 22mg1%
Potassium 46mg1%
Carbohydrates 15g5%
Fiber 0g0%
Sugar 7g8%
Protein 2g4%
Vitamin A 80IU2%
Calcium 16mg2%
Iron 0.6mg3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Farmfresh

Re: Gluten Free Biscotti

Unread post by Farmfresh »

When I first looked at this I saw Gluten Free Biscuits. (Probably because I am waiting on some to come out of the oven. :lol: )

To my knowledge I have never eaten Biscotti.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Re: Gluten Free Biscotti

Unread post by patriceinil »

I absolutely love biscotti especially the Nonnie’s brand one that I used to buy before the wheat allergy. They satisfy the sweet craving, they aren’t overly sweet yet they’re crispy and crunchy.