ENFRIJOLADAS

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

ENFRIJOLADAS

Unread post by patriceinil »

ENFRIJOLADAS RECIPE
Served with Cilantro Lime Rice
(I corrected/added additional ingredients and directions to her recipe directions from the video)

1/2 lb white long grain rice
Limes or bottled lime juice
Cilantro

Cook rice with zest from 1 lime until tender. Add additional lime zest, juice from lime, salt and chopped cilantro to taste.

12 tortillas (I used Guerrero) - I counted 3 tortillas per person

Pinto beans - I made a pot but you probably only need 2 cups dry or 1 can of refried beans
2 guajillo chilis
1 tsp onion powder
salt to taste
Oil

Boil beans, add in 2 guajillo chilis, onion powder, and salt. Cook until beans are tender.

Add beans to blender, add in a small amount of bean broth, add in the chilis and blend. Add salt if needed.

* If using refried beans, you can add some water to thin it out, along with some chili powder or the soaked chilis, then add to the blender.

Heat oil in skillet and lightly fry the tortillas. Remove to plate and keep warm.

In same skillet heat a tbsp or 2 of oil then add in the blended bean sauce. Simmer a few minutes until desired consistency is achieved.

Dip tortillas in bean sauce, coating both sides generously. Place on plate folded in half. Repeat with all of the tortillas.

Top with Salsa Verde, sour cream and desired toppings

Salsa Verde - for topping
tomatillos, onion, jalapeños, garlic, and cilantro

Roast tomatillos, onion and jalapeños in 350*F oven for 20-25 minutes or until tomatillos look done.
Place tomatillos , onion and jalapeños in blender, add in raw garlic, cilantro, and salt. Blend. Serve in a bowl.

Additional Toppings
queso fresco
Mexican Crema or sour cream
sliced radishes
sliced onions
sliced jalapeños
Pico de Gallo
Avocado or Guacamole

patriceinil

Re: ENFRIJOLADAS

Unread post by patriceinil »

I think the bean sauce would be good on a crispy tostada shell topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, diced avocado and shredded cheese,