Tofu

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Farmfresh

Tofu

Unread post by Farmfresh »

I am busy making some chicken soup today, since we all have colds around here and it is freaking cold outside. I was working on it and I had a strong wish that I had some tofu on hand to put in it. If I had some I was going to do a hot and sour soup, but I didn't. :sad:

That got me thinking...

Did you know that you can freeze tofu? I looked it up and sure enough you can. I had no idea!

Evidently you should drain it and slice it for best results. If you leave the juice in it can get soft and mushy when it thaws.

Anyone on here tried this? It sure would be nice to keep some on hand for those occasions when I want it.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Rhodie Ranch

Re: Tofu

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch »

No, I didn't know that! I'll buy some and then never get around to using it.

For years I would make fried tofu and then toss it in some Oyster sauce. Yum! maybe I should make that again. I'm thinkin' that tofu (firm) would be a satisfying pasta substitute for those who are not tolerant to gluten.
Found water and ------better weather, yeah, maybe not.....