The "What's For Supper?" Thread

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Old Fashioned

Re: The "What's For Supper?" Thread

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

Tonight was a combination of use of leftovers with hot turkey sandwiches, stuffing and gravy over all. AND trying something kinda new......I finally made the Jalapeno Popper Crack Bread and the Cheddar Bacon Ranch too......yep was goooood!

HNA

Unread post by HNA »

Now, what's fer supper tonight |em22|

I put a pot of pintos on..but they won't be ready till wednesday. Well, I am cooking up the pintos for red beans and rice and some chili. We can eat something different till it gets that cold. 19F ...gonna be a cold wednesday...so need a good hot supper. |em24|

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Well we ARE going to have corn bread and beans tonight. My friend who is separated from her husband and now lives alone made a big pot of them with a ham hock that she had and brought over about half of them to share. She said she still has lots left to freeze for another time. You gotta love a friend like that!
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

HNA

Unread post by HNA »

Yumm....somebody elses pre-cooked supper |em24|

Farmfresh

This friend and I have done LOTS of cook shacks and 4-H dinners together in the past. She is a wonderful cook. I will eat her "leavin's" anytime! |em24|
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

HNA

Unread post by HNA »

We get DH's moms extras....she finds it hard to cook for two. No problem...she's a good cook.

Tonight...Johnny Marzetti. Remember that from school cafeteria days? I actually found a good recipe for it online...and now DH loves it.
It is my "go-to" meal now....when I need something simple, hearty and quick. Hot and nutritious.

Also I am making a veggie side dish of fresh corn cooked with some red pepper and butter. It is quite tasty. |em24|

calendula

Unread post by calendula »

Johnny Marzetti? Not familiar with that one, I'll have to google it.

Tonight we are eating leftovers for dinner--chicken noodle soup and cheesy garlic rolls.

Farmfresh

That is because you didn't go to school in Kansas City, Calendula. :lol:

I remember it. Just good and goey and fills you up.

HNA

Unread post by HNA »

:grin: Yah...sometimes they had better food than at home. Dad believed in buying THE cheapest anything/everything in the grocery store. Didn't mean it was edible. But cafeteria food back then was pretty tasty!! |em24|

HNA

Unread post by HNA »

Btw...DH had 3 bowls of Marzetti ...I think he likes it :wink: