The "What's For Supper?" Thread

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
StockdaleDave

Re: The "What's For Supper?" Thread

Unread post by StockdaleDave »

Texas red eye chili. mmm mmm good.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Bacon and eggs. :grin:
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

Farm? did you steal my post???
Friday was some ham, bacon & sausage patties, fried taters, eggs, homemade buttermilk biscuits and even a bit of sausage gravy for my biscuits

Saturday I made Lemon Pepper Chicken with a mushroom sauce over rice & steamed broccoli. Hubby's not too fond of it because it's 'different'....but the boys & I were fighting over the last of it

Today was pan fried elk steaks & a boxed pasta salad.....I was tired

Sunsaver

Unread post by Sunsaver »

There's nothing better than fried taters with bacon and eggs! *looking for the drool smilie*

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Well my little gals are starting to REALLY churn out the eggs now. I am getting between 6 and 8 every day from the 10 little gals. Remember some of the breeds I have, like the Dark Cornish, are not really know as good egg layers, so I am impressed. We are scarfing eggs these days and they taste wonderful too.

Tonight's dinner will be Hamburger Soup. I have some burger and potatoes and to that I am the last of the "ripened on the table" tomatoes and a bunch of dehydrated goodies like green beans, onions, garlic and cabbage. I need to get the bread machine going too and make some homemade (cheating with a mix) GF bread to go with it.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

House Sparrow

Unread post by House Sparrow »

I have been thinking we need a "what's for supper" thread. With the new option of "unread posts" i was happy to come across it. I think we might have tacos tonight. I bought organic corn tortillas earlier this week. Assoc bought the grass fed ground beef yesterday and we still have tomatoes and tomatillos.

Nope, Assoc just announced he is making baked chicken and potatoes for dinner. I think I will cook up the kale I picked. We can have the tacos tomorrow...maybe with left over chicken.

Old Fashioned

Breakfast for supper has always been one of my favorites |em24| but NONE of my biddies have been laying.

Last night was fried chicken, mashed taters & gravy and corn. Tonight will be some kind of chicken soup from the leftover bones, neck & back.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy »

I actually got 5 eggs the other day!

Last night, I had meatloaf, baked potatoes and green beans. And, I enjoyed every bite of it.

Old Fashioned

tonight will be a roast, taters & gravy, carrots & a green salad

ooohhh meatloaf....I think that's gonna be for tomorrow. Thanks for the idea Dizzy

HNA

Unread post by HNA »

Mmmm....tonight is the leftover mini-meatloaves, scalloped potatoes, cream corn and carrots.
I am just by myself, as hubby has to work late. No tellin' when he'll make it home.